1. Who was the Prime minister of England when India got independence?
2.Who was the first Indian to get selected in ICS?
(a) Satyendra Nath Tagore
(b) Sarojini Naidu
(c) Lala Lajpat Rai
(d) C. R. Das
3. Who headed the Cabinet Mission?
(a) Staford Cripps
(b) A. V. Alexander
(c) Lord Pathic Lawrence
(d) None of these
4. Which British Governor General introduced Postage Stamp in India?
(a) Lord Dalhousie
(b) Lord Auckland
(c) Lord Canning
(d) Lord William Bentick
5. Consider the following statements:
1. Lord Mountbatten was sent to India in place of Lord Wavell as the Governor General of India in March 1947.
2. In July 1947, British Government passed the Act containing the main provisions of the Mountabatten Plan. This is known as the Indian Independence Act.
Which of these statements is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
6. With reference to Indian freedom struggle, consider the following events—
1. Champaran Satyagraha
2. Dandi March
3. Jallianwala Bagh Tragedy
4. Partition of Bengal
(a) 1 – 4 – 3 – 2
(b) 4 – 1 – 2 – 3
(c) 1 – 4 – 2 – 3
(d) 4 – 1 – 3 – 2
7. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
List – I (Events) List – II (Persons)
A. Dandi March 1. Surya Sen
B. Home Rule Movement 2. Bal Gangadhar Tilak
C. Chittgong Armoury Case 3. Muzaffar Ahmed
D. Kanpur Conspiracy Case 4. Gandhijee
Codes : A B C D
(a) 3 2 1 4
(b) 3 1 2 4
(c) 4 2 1 3
(d) 4 1 2 3
8. Which one of the following pairs is NOT correctly matched?
(a) Lord Wellesley — Subsidiary Alliance
(b) Lord Dalhousie — Doctrine of Lapse
(c) Lord Rippon — Vernacular Press Act
(d) Lord Curzon — Partition of Bengal
9. Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched?
(a) Mahatma Gandhi — Home Rule Movement
(b) Annie Besant — Non-cooperation Movement
(c) Jawahar Lal Nehru — Khilafat Movement
(d) Lala Hardayal — Hindustan Ghadar Party
10. Which one, among the following newspapers, was published first?
(a) The Madras Mail
(b) The Indian Social Reformer
(c) The Bengali Gazatte
(d) The Times of India