1. Who is authorized to transfer the judges of one High Court to another High Court?
(a) The president,
(b) The Chief Justice of India,
(c) A collegium of judges of the Supreme Court,
(d) The Law Minister
2. The Judges of the High Court hold office
(a) during the pleasure of the chief Justice of India,
(b) till they have attained 62 years of age,
(c) till they have attained 65 years of age,
(d) as long as they desire
3. The Chief Justice of a high Court is appointed by
(c) Chief Justice Of India,
(d) President on the advice of Governor of the State concerned and the chief justice of India
4. Which of the following States/Union Territories have a common High Court?
(a) Uttar Pradesh and Bihar,
(b) Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh,
(c) Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir,
(d) Assam and Bengal
5. In which year was High Court in Madras established?
6. A High Court judge addresses his letter of resignation to:
(a) The President,
(b) The chief Justice of India,
(c) the chief justice of his High Court,
(d) The Governor of the state
7. Which of the following High Courts has the largest numbers of Benches?
(a) Kolkata High Court,
(b) Madhya Pradesh High Court,
(c) Bombay high court,
(d) Guwahati High Court
8. Which one of the following is NOT the main jurisdiction of the high court of a state?
(a) Advisory Jurisdiction,
(b) Original Jurisdiction,
(c) Supervisory Jurisdiction,
(d) Appellate Jurisdiction
9. The first High/Superme Court Judge who voluntarily made public his assets, is
(a) Justice D.V. Shyalendra Kumar,
(b) Justice K. Chandra,
(c) Justice K. Kannan,
(d) Justice V.C. Srivastava
10. In Indian Constitution, Article 370 is related with which?
(a) Jammu and Kashmir State,
(b) Reservation of Scheduled castes and Scheduled Tribes,
(c) Punjab and Haryana States,
(d) Karnataka and Tamil Nadu States