1. Which of the following is/are not present in prokaryotic cell?
A. nuclear membrane
Not only the nuclear membrane absent, cell organelles like mitochondria, lysosomes, endoplasmic reticulum, chloroplast, nucleolus, etc are also not present in prokaryotic cells.
2. Which of the following helps in the process of photosynthesis?
D. None of the above
Chloroplast helps in the process of photosynthesis.
3. Centriole present in which of the following?
Small body lying above the nucleus in the animal cell, Consists of two small granules called centrioles.
4. Which of the following is/are the types of cell division?
C. Both (A) and (B)
D. None of the above
the types of cell division:
5. Which of the following is the function of Leucoplast?
A. help in photo-synthesis
B. provide colour to the flowers and the fruits.
C. help in the storage of food
D. none of the above
It help in the storage of food.
6. Which of the following is/are the non-living part of the cell?
D. Both (A) and (B)
Vacuoles and granules are the non-living part of the cell.
7. Which of the following is/are the function of Plasma membrane?
A. allows only selected substances to pass in and out of the cell
B. Protects cell from injury.
C. Maintains shape of cell.
All are the functions of plasma membrane.
8. The longest cell in human body is-
A. Liver cell
B. Nerve cell
C. Muscles cell
D. None of these
The longest cells are neurons (nerve cells) with a length of 90cm-100cm linking the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) to other parts of the body.
9. Leucoplast found in mainly-
A. Cell of stem
B. Cells of root
C. Cells of leaf
D. Cells of flower
Leucoplast-> A colorless plastid in the cytoplasm of plant cells around which starch collects. a starch-storing colorless plastid in the cells of roots and underground or internal plant parts.
10. Mitochondria is absent in-
D. Green algae
An organelle found in large numbers in most cells, in which the biochemical processes of respiration and energy production occur. It has a double membrane, the inner part being folded inwards to form layers (cristae).