1. Which of the following alloys is used for making magnets ?
(B) Stainless Steel
2. The gas usually filled in electric bulb is —
(D) Carbon di-oxide
3. The gases used in different types of welding would include —
(A) Oxygen & Hydrogen
(B) Oxygen, acetylene & argon
(C) Oxygen & acetylene
(D) Oxygen, hydrogen & nitrogen
4. Which of the following is used in making smoke bombs ?
5. Which of the following substance is a bad conductor of electricity but a good conductor of heat?
6. The charcoal used to decolourise raw sugar is —
(A) Animal charcoal
(B) Sugar charcoal
(C) Cocoanut charcoal
(D) Wood charcoal
7. Tetraethyl lead is used as —
(A) Mosquito repellent
(B) Pain Killer
(C) Fire extinguisher
(D) Petrol additive
8. Which of the following is used as a material for making protective windows in space probes ?
9. Which of the following is used in beauty parlours for hair setting ?
10. The chemial name of Uria is —
(D) None of these