1. Who united all the Sikhs and founded a kingdom in the Punjab?
(a) Guru Nanak
(b) Guru Gobind Singh
(c) Maharaja Ranjit Singh
(d) Guru Teg Bahadur
2. Which of the following is wrongly matched with his contemporary Mughal king?
(a) Rana Sanga-Babar
(b) Prithvi Raj Chauhan-Akbar
(c) Jujhar Singh-Shahjehan
(d) Jaswant Singh-Aurangzeb
3. The capital of the Mughal Empire was shifted from Agra to Delhi by:-
4. The partition of Bengal (1905) was annulled by the—
(a) Indian Councils Act of 1909
(b) Chelmsford-Montague Report, 1919
(c) Proclamation of Delhi Durbar in 1911
(d) Government of India Act, 1935
5. Consider the following statements:
1. The Indian National Congress was founded during the viceroyalty of Lord Dufferin.
2. The first President of Indian National Congress was W.C. Banerji.
3. The first session of the Indian National Congress was held in Calcutta.
4. In the first session of the Indian National Congress some government officials were also present.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
(a) 1, 2 and 3 only
(b) 1, 2 and 4 only
(c) 3 and 4 only
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
6.Alberuni lived during the period of which one of the following?
(a) Mahmud Ghaznavi
(b) Mohammad Ghori
(c) Alauddin Khalji
(d) Firuzshah Tughlaq
7. At which congress session did Dadabhai Naoroji announce that Swaraj was the goal of India’s political efforts?
(a) 1886 Calcutta session
(b) 1893 Lahore session
(c) 1905 Benaras session
(d) 1906 Calcutta session
8. Who said, ‘The Congress is tottering to its fall and one of my greatest ambition while in India is to assist it to a peaceful demise’?
(a) George Hamilton
(b) Lord Curzon
(c) Lord Dufferin
(d) Lord Minto
9.Consider the following statements about Madam Bhikaji Cama:
1. Madam Cama unfurled the National Flag at the International Socialist Conference in Paris in the year of 1907.
2. Madam cama served as private secretary to Dadabhai Naoroji.
3. Madam cama was born to parsi parents.
Which of the statement (s) given above is/are correct ?
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 2 only
(d) 3 only
10.When was founded the Indian Association?