15th Asian Airgun Championships: India with a hefty total of 25 gold medals, including the two available on the last day, a dominant team in the shooting event, finished there at the 15th Asian Airgun Championships in South Korea.
15th Asian Airgun Championships: About the team and medals
● The 10 metre Junior Air Pistol Mixed Team competition was won by the Indian team of Manu Bhaker and Samrat Rana.
● Bhaker and Rana placed second behind Uzbekistan’s Nigina Saidkulova and Mukhammad Kamalov, who scored 579, with a qualifying score of 578.
● The Indian team, however, defeated the Uzbeks decisively (17-3) to reverse the situation.
● In the equivalent senior event, Rhythm Sangwan and Vijayveer Sidhu from India won the gold medal.
● Sangwan and Sidhu outshot Valeriy Rakhimzhan and Irina Yunusmetova of Kazakhstan 17-3 in the Air Pistol Mixed Team final.
● The Kazakhs finished second with a score of 577, and they came out on top in the qualification round, setting up the gold medal match. India won 25 of the 28 events in the competition that was spread out over eight days in a display of total dominance.