Dear Students, SSC CHSL Exam has commenced on 7th Jan, 2017. It's a month long exam and we've decided to provide "CURRENT AFFAIRS" of last seven months (From June onward). This quiz will help you in GS/GK section a lot. Before the exam day go through our daily CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR CHSL 2016 Exam.
We wish you all the very best for your exam.
Names of 4 new Periodic Table elements announced
- The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) has announced the names proposed for the new elements, whose discovery helped complete the seventh row of the Periodic Table in December last year.
- The names proposed for the elements with atomic numbers 113, 115, 117 and 118 were Nihonium (Nh), Moscovium (Mc), Tennessine (Ts) and Oganesson (Og) respectively.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has announced that Thailand has become the first Asian country to eliminate mother-to-child HIV transmission.
- Previously, Cuba was the only other country and the first country in the world to eliminate mother-to-child transmission under the WHO’s criteria back in July 2015.
Champaran Satyagrah Express train in Bihar
In Bihar, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has flagged off Champaran Satyagrah Express train at a function in Motihari.
This train will run between Bapudham, Motihari to Anand Vihar, Delhi.
Maharashtra to observe 21st of every month as Yoga Day
- Maharashtra government has decided to celebrate the 21st day of every month as Yoga day across all schools, colleges and universities in the state.
- It is also decided that every district will have to set up a Yoga Day committee at their levels to plan 'Yoga Mahotsav' (Yoga Festival) every year in between January 12-21 and a separate committee at the state level will monitor and coordinate with these committees.
- Internet search engine Google and Tata Trusts’ joint initiative Internet Saathi was launched in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- The initiative aims at reducing the digital gender gap in rural areas of India such as Purulia, where girls have now been trained to use the Internet and teach others in turn.
- In the last ten months, the initiative has been active in villages across five states in India, namely Rajasthan, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.
World's highest-paid athletes: Cristiano Ronaldo
- Real Madrid Cristiano Ronaldo has become the first athlete from a team sport in almost 20 years to top Forbes annual list of the World's Highest-Paid Athletes.
- The financial magazine has calculated the earnings, including all salaries, prize-winnings and bonuses earned by active athletes between June 1st, 2015 and June 1st, 2016.
'Sansad Ratna' awards conferred on 5 MPs
- Four first time Lok Sabha MPs were among five Parliamentarians who were honoured with the 'Sansad Ratna' Awards by the Former RBI governor C Rangarajan, for their performance in Parliament.
- The award was instituted by the Prime Point Foundation and emagazine PreSense, were given to five Lok Sabha MPs and one former Rajya Sabha member .
- BJP's PP Chaudhary, Heena Vijaykumar Gavit, Shrirang Appa Barne, Raajeev Shankarrao Satav, Shivaji Adhalrao Patil and P Rajeev leader from Kerala have been honoured for their work.
India’s first State to launch open government data portal
Child Labour Tracking System
- Sikkim became the first state in India to have an open government data portal linked ‘sikkim.data.gov.in’.
- The portal was launched by Lok Sabha MP, P D Rai and also launched Open Government Data Platform (Sikkim).
- The open government data portal facilitates free use, reuse and redistribution of data produced or commissioned by the government or government controlled entities by anyone.
World Day against Child Labour ->12th June
- Every year the World Day against Child Labour has been organised on 12th of June by all the countries.
- The theme for this year is 'End child labour in supply chains - It's everyone's business.'
Russia launches most powerful nuclear icebreaker Arktika
- Russia's new Project 22220 nuclear-powered icebreaker dubbed Arktika is the world’s largest and most powerful vessel of its kind.
- The Project 22220 vessel is 189.5 yards long and 37.1 yards wide. The ship displaces 33,540 metric tons. Fitted with two specifically designed RITM-200 nuclear power reactors.
Child Labour Tracking System
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has inaugurated 'Child Labour Tracking System (CLTS)' in order to keep a track of rescued child labour for their proper rehabilitation besides announcing financial help of Rs 25,000 for every rescued child labour to be given from Chief Minister's Relief Fund.
- The money will directly go to children's bank account. It will instill a sense of confidence in them and will be given to all those who are registered under the tracking system.