1. Increasing investment in human capital leads towards
Proper utilization of resources
Increase in productivity
Development of skill
All of the above
2. Which among the following has been selected as the cultural capital of SAARC region for 2015?
3. Which one of the following refers to occupational structure of population?
Number of persons living in the country.
Size of working population.
Distribution of working population among different occupations.
Nature of different occupations.
4. Green Revolution was the result of adoption of New Agricultural Strategy which was introduced in 20th Century during decades of
5. Which one of the following is the major feature of the Indian economy?
A capitalist economy
A socialist economy
A mixed economy
None of the above
Directions (6-8): In each question, a apart of sentence is printed in bold .Below each sentence, some phrases are given which can substitute the italicised part of the sentence. Find out the phrase which can correctly substitute that part of the sentence. If the sentence is correct as it is, the answer is ‘No correction required’ or ‘No improvement’.
6. No one could explain how a calm and balance person like him could penetrate such a mindless act on his friends.
7. I gave him the little money that I could spare then.
8. No sooner had the umpire given the batsman out than the crowd rushed into the field.
but the people
when the crowds
and the crowd
Directions (9-10): Select the word that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word in capital letter given below.
11. Find the wrong number in the series. 3, 7, 15, 39, 63, 127, 255, 511
12. A woman introduces a man as the son of the brother of her mother. How is the man related to the woman?
13. Select the work which cannot be formed from the original word CONSOLIDATE
14. Select the word which can be formed from the original word. PRAGMATIC
15. You go 7 m North, turn right for 3 m, then turns right again for 7 m and then go to the left then go 5 meter north. In which direction, are you now from the starting point ?
16. What least number must be subtracted from 5731625, to get a number exactly divisible by 3546?
17. Find the least number of 5 digits which is exactly divisible by 456.
18. If 300 men could do a piece of work in 16 days, how many men would do 1/4 of the same work in 15 days?
19. The daily wage is increased by 20% and a person now gets Rs. 24 per day. What was his daily wage before the increase?
Ans: 24/120*100 = 20 Rs.
20. One type of liquid contains 14% of milk, the other contains 24% of milk. A can filled with 5 parts of the first liquid and 5 parts of the second liquid. Find the percentage of milk in the new mixture.
Ans: (14*5+24*5)/5+5 = 19