1. The device used to change the speed of an electric fan is—
2. Which scripture was called his ‘mother’ by Gandhiji ?
(B) The New Testament
(C) Bhagwat Gita
(D) The Holy Quran
3. On which of the following rivers is the Tehri Hydropower Complex located ?
(C) Dhauli Ganga
4. Nobel Prize winning Indian Amartya Sen is known for his work in which area ?
(B) Environmental Protection
5. A sum of money is sufficient to pay A’ salary for 12 days and B’s salary for 24days. The same money is sufficient to pay the salaries of both for:
(a) 8 days
(b) 9 days
(c) 10 days
(d) 12 days
6. A takes thrice as much time as B or twice as much time as C to finish a piece of work. Working together, they can finish the work in 4 days. C can do the work alone in:
(a) 14 days
(b) 12 days
(c) 10 days
(d) 8 days
7. The ratio of two numbers is 5 : 7 and their H.C.F, is 9. then their L.C.M. is
8. A single discount equivalent to discount series 10%, 20% and 30% is
9. In a certain code, CAT is written as SATC and DEAR is written as SEARD. HOW would SING be written in that code?
10. In a certain code, CERTAIN is coded as XVIGZRM, SEQUENCE is coded as HVJFVMXY, then how would MUNDANE be coded?
(d) None of these
11.If A = 2, M = 26, Z = 52, then BET = ?
12. In a row of boys, Jeevan is seventh from the start and eleventh from the end. In another row of boys, Vikas is tenth from the start and twelfth from the end. How many boys are there in both the rows together?
(d) Cannot be determined
13. Where is the Indian Railways Institute of Civil Engineering Institute situated?
14. How many training institutions of Railways are in India?
15. What is the position of the Indian Railway under the zonal system?