1. ASEAN was set up in the year:
2. The headquarters of South-Central Railways is situated at
(a) Mumbai (V.T)
(d) Mumbai (Central)
3. The headquarters of Northern Railway is at
(a) New Delhi
(d) Mumbai (V.T)
4. Rajasthan is under which of the following railway zones?
(a) Northern region
(b) Western region
(c) North-Western region
(d) Central Region
5. The first animal domesticated by Neolithic people was:
6. In the Vedic age:
(1) Polygamy was unknown
(2) Child marriage was prominent
(3) Widow could remarry
(4) Hypergamy was allowed
7. Mixed economy envisages:
(1) co-existence of capitalists and laborers
(2) integrated economic development
(3) development of agriculture and industry simultaneously
(4) private and public sectors
8. Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI) was established in
9. Name the canal that joins the Red Sea and the Mediterranean Sea:
(1) Kiel Canal
(3) Suez Canal
(4) None of these
10. Three men and 5 women together can finish a job in 3 days. Working on the same job 3 women take 5 days more than the time required by 2 men. What is the ratio of efficiency of a man to a woman?
(a) 2 : 1
(b) 3 : 2
(c) 5 : 2
(d) 4 : 1
11. Henry and Ford are two different persons, but when they worked together, they complete it in 10 days. Had Henry worked at half of his efficiency and Ford at five times of his efficiency it would have taken them to finish the job in 50% of the scheduled time. In how many days Ford can complete the job working alone?
12. Anne, Benne and Cenne are three friends. Anne and Benne, are twins. Benne takes 2 days more than Cenne to complete the work. If Anne started a work and 3 days later Benne joins him, then the work gets completed in 3 more days. Working together Anne, Benne and Cenne can complete thrice the original work in 6 days. In how many days Benne can complete twice the original work with double the efficiency working alone?
13. Which one of letters when sequentially placed at the gaps in the given letter series shall complete it ?
14. Arrange the following words as per order in the dictionary :
(a) 1 6 2 4 5 3
(b) 1 2 6 5 3 4
(c) 6 2 1 5 4 3
(d) 6 1 2 4 5 3
15. The age of Sushila’s father today is four time as that of her age. After 8 years, the age of her father will be three times that of her age. What is sushila’s age today?
(a) 18 years
(b) 16 years
(c) 24 years
(d) 20 years